Admission to the Program
All students requesting admission to the major should contact the chairperson of the Psychology Department. The student will then be assigned an advisor within the department.
- All majors must complete a minimum of 46 credits in psychology, exclusive of PSY 100.
- Students must complete three of the courses listed under Psychology Requirements (PSY 227, PSY 247, and PSY 327) with a grade of C or better.
- Majors either follow the General Psychology curriculum or, as an alternative, choose a concentration in Child Psychology or Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
- A minimum of 18 credits of psychology must be completed in residence at Eastern.
- A minimum overall Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of 2.3 in psychology courses is required for graduation with a major in psychology. Students may not include PSY 100 or Special Program courses in the calculation of the G.P.A. Thus, students are not allowed to use PSY 100, 480, 490, 491, 496, 497 or 498 in computing this required G.P.A. It is further noted that students should maintain a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. in the major to be considered for graduate studies in psychology.
- All psychology majors must take the psychology comprehensive exam and exit survey prior to graduation.
Please see the specific degree requirements of each concentration using the links above.